Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Mother's Birthday Card




My sister called me on the carpet for not putting anything new on my blog so better do something today. I've been working on my cards all week. I finished 11 cards for swaps, a shower card and envelope, 2 birthday cards, and one friend card. Whew!! I'm pretty pleased with some of my swap cards, but I shouldn't post them today since they won't all have been received yet. I can post the birthday cards since the people they are going to won't be checking my blog. My mother's birthday is April 6 and I did a Stringing You Along Technique Junkies technique (Feb 2009 newsletter) for her card. The ink is India Ink Black and Ranger Adirondack Citrus, Sunshine Yellow, and Sailboat Blue. The Adirondack inks are sponged on over string which I put across the cardstock and taped down so it would stay put while I sponged on the color. It's a very fun technique. You get to work out a little frustration also since you want to pounce it over the junctions of the string to be sure you have good coverage. The cardstocks are Stampin Up and Hollo's Papercraft, stamps are Stampin Up, and the Happy Birthday is All Night Media. The main flower image is colored with Stampin Up Marker direct to rubber.
I'll post my brother's card next post. I still have to make a baby card for our twin great nieces who were born on Monday. I have ideas in my head and cut some shapes with my Cricut but I need to get the card all together.

1 comment:

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones