Friday, April 3, 2009

Brother's Birthday Card




Now to post my brother's birthday card. This one I made a few changes to April 2008 Sheetload of Cards Rectangled Up. Cardstock is Hollo's Papercraft and DCWV The Ultimate Stack, stamps are Stampin Up sets from the new Occasions Mini Catalog, ink is India Ink Black and Stampin Up Stampin Write Markers. The corner punch is The Paper Studio Large Photo Corner punch.
The Occasions Mini has some really cute stamp sets. I wanted to order them all but cool reason had to prevail and I only ordered about 1/2. LOL Maybe I'll order the other half on my April order. I'll have to check with some friends to see if anyone else wants to order. So far my business isn't making much profit since I'm my own best customer. I'm giving a free class at the Senior Center the first week in May to see if I am able to generate any interest in card making there. I think it could be a fun afternoon a couple times a month and there is a small craft room at the center. I'd have to bring supplies in, but I bought a nice wheeled tote with one of Michael's 50% off coupons so that won't be too difficult. I have to admit that the tote gets pretty heavy when it's full of cardstock and stamp sets. I used it for a crop a couple weeks ago and found it very handy, but so heavy that it was a little difficult to wheel. One of the strong young men who was helping at the crop just picked it up and carried it. I was happy since I was wondering how I was going to get it back in the car. DH had loaded it for me when I left for the crop. I'm hoping we'll soon have another crop with my online group. I really had a fun time with this group of ladies.

1 comment:

  1. Cute card! Good Luck with the class at the Senior Center.

    ReplyDelete

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones