Thursday, March 5, 2009

Echoes Of Kindness


I started working on a scrapbook layout for a contest today, but I'm not making much progress on it. I did finish two cards though. One of the cards I was in a hurry to mail and forgot to get a picture of it. I'll have to try making another like it as it was done using dry embossing which I don't very often do.
This card uses the Stampin Up Echoes of Kindness set for the main image. I really like the flowers in the set. Cardstock is Stampin Up and Hollo's Paper. Patterned paper is DCWV The All Occasion Ultimate Stack. Ovals are cut using Cricut cartridge Plantin Schoolbook and were cut at 3 and 3 1/4 inches. Stamps are Stampin Up. Ink is VersaFine and Ranger Archival Ink. Image is colored with PrismaColor Pencils and Gamsol odorless mineral spirits. I really enjoy coloring images with that technique. EK Success corner rounder punch was used on the lower image.
Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm hoping for warmer weather today and would like to try walking in the park instead of inside at the mall.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card. I like that background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it. I need a couple "thinking of you" cards when you get time. ;-)
    CL

    ReplyDelete

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones