Saturday, May 9, 2009

Cards for Avon Senior Center class















First...Happy Mother's Day! These are the two cards I gave instructions for at a beginning card making class at the Avon Senior Center. The ladies all seemed to have fun and some were interested in having more card making activities. I think it went well. I was really nervous as I don't do well in front of groups. In fact I was so bad I forgot to introduce myself...pretty basic, but right out the window when I started. Regardless they all did well with their cards and hope they will consider coming back. I had fun deciding what to do and getting all the materials ready. I had asked for a cut off date a week before so I would know how many to cut the card stock for, and I asked for a class limit of 6 since this is the first class I'd taught. Monday I called and was told there were 4 registered so I prepared for 7 in case there were mistakes that couldn't be remedied. The morning of the class a friend called and said she had a friend she wanted to come, but when she called the class was full. I told her I had time to prepare more card stock so I prepared for 10. We had 7 in the class and it was a very nice group. Luckily a few had some stamping experience so it went pretty smoothly. We did have to restamp a few but no problem.



First card uses Stampin Up Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White card stock and Tea Party Designer Series Paper. The Old Olive layer is embossed with the Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes folder. The stamp SU Golden Oldies from the Occasions Mini is stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black and colored with SU Stampin' Write markers Blush Blossom, Bordering Blue, Old Olive, So Saffron, and Pumpkin Pie.



The second card uses Stampin Up Sage Shadow, Pretty In Pink, and Whisper White card stock and Hollo's Papercraft black card stock. The Pretty In Pink layer is embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. Stampin Up Scallop Edge punch is used for Slit Coast Stampers Scalloped Edge Medallion. The edges of the medallion are "smudged" with Pretty In Pink ink using a cosmetic sponge. The butterfly stamp is from SU Great Friend set sold in the Occasions Mini Catalog and is stamped with SU Pretty In Pink Classic ink pad. The message is stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black and is from SU Sincere Salutations set. Ribbon is Offray Dashes, Dots, and Checks 1/4 in. gingham.



That's all for today. I have 4 more Mother's Day cards I finished and will post them another day. Hope every one has a lovely weekend and thanks for stopping by.






1 comment:

  1. Glad your class went well and you had a good time. That's important. I bet they had fun too.
    CL

    ReplyDelete

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones